Top and Reliable MediaWiki 1.27.1 Hosting
What is MediaWiki?
MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. It is now also used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki.
MediaWiki is developed by a team of volunteers (as well as a core group of developers funded by the Wikimedia Foundation), who work to improve how MediaWiki works, and fix any issues that occur. Further contributors help to write documentation to help people using MediaWiki, and also create extensions to MediaWiki to achieve desirable features not included by default.
What is New in MediaWiki 1.27.1?
These releases fix five security issues in core and one for the extension PdfHandler.
- (T139565) API: Generate head items in the context of the given title (CVE-2016-6335)
- (T137264) XSS in unclosed internal links (CVE-2016-6334)
- (T133147) Escape ‘<‘ and ‘]]>’ in inline <style> blocks (CVE-2016-6333)
- (T133147) Require login to preview user CSS pages (CVE-2016-6333)
- (T132926) Do not allow undeleting a revision deleted file if it is the top file (CVE-2016-6336)
- (T129738) Make $wgBlockDisablesLogin also restrict logged in permissions (CVE-2016-6332)
- (T129738) Make blocks log users out if $wgBlockDisablesLogin is true (CVE-2016-6332)
- (T115333) Check read permission when loading page content in ApiParse (CVE-2016-6331)
- (T57548) Remove support for $wgWellFormedXml = false, all output is now well formed
InstantCommons made easier and cheaper
InstantCommons will now truly work out of the box, as long as your users can connect to upload.wikimedia.org: thumbnails will be served from that domain instead of requiring local generation (gerrit:251556).
More documentation translation
Works continues on the migration to the Translate extension, now used by about 3000 pages. The size of translations text increased by various megabytes.
Upgrade notices for MediaWiki administrators
- MediaWiki now requires at least PHP 5.5.9. This corresponds with HHVM 3.1.
- If the openssl and mcrypt PHP extensions are both unavailable, secure session storage (used for login) will raise an exception. This exception may be bypassed by setting $wgSessionInsecureSecrets = true;.
- The RandomRootPage extension has been merged into MediaWiki core. If you have it installed, you should uninstall it.
- The ApiSandbox extension has been merged into MediaWiki core. If you have it installed, you should uninstall it.
- AuthManager. If you’re writing a new extension, you should definitely follow Manual:SessionManager and
- AuthManager and then upgrade to 1.27.1 to use it. If you are making sure an existing extension is compatible with 1.27.1, see the updating tips.
How to Choose MediaWiki 1.27.1 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a best and cheap web host for MediaWiki 1.27.1? Choosing top and reliable web host for MediaWiki 1.27.1 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the MediaWiki 1.27.1 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this MediaWiki review site, which is designed to help you find the top and reliable MediaWiki host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ MediaWiki 1.27.1 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable MediaWiki 1.27.1 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal’s MediaWiki 1.27.1 hosting packages are proving very popular for 2016. ASPHostPortal.com MediaWiki 1.27.1 optimized hosting infrastructure features independent email, web, database, DNS and control panel servers and lightning fast servers ensuring your site loads super quick! They are 100% fully support on windows platform. Their windows hosting is compatible with the MediaWiki 1.27.1 hosting management and collaboration application.
DiscountService.biz offers several web hosting packages, from the beginner package – an affordable solution that’s more than enough to get a small business up and running – to the professional package which offers large disk space, band width and websites. There are also specialized business packages that put true business savvy within everyone’s reach.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is proudly to be one of MediaWiki hosting service provider compared from our visitors feedback and rating! UKWindowsHostASP.NET delivers affordable MediaWiki hosting technology for as low as £5.50 per month. Not only do they deliver reliable load-balanced cloud architecture, but they guarantee their performance with a 99.9% uptime promise, and a 30 day money back guarantee. UKWindowsHostASP.NET can help its clients to migrate existing websites to their servers for free, and they provide extensive web tools for their clients, including the top-rated Plesk control panel. And that’s not further not enough though. 24/7 server monitoring!