Top and Reliable Drupal 8.1.8 Hosting
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a free community supported framework for creating, organizing, presenting and managing a website. It powers millions of websites and applications from all over the world. Drupal makes it easy for contributors to publish to websites and easy for developers to deploy new sites as well as add features to existing ones.
Most commonly referred to as a content management system, or CMS, Drupal has much more to offer. Drupal installations include a set of modules called Core Components, which provide features such as user management, menu systems, and user contributed content. The Drupal open source community (one of the largest in the world) contributes and supports thousands of free flexible and robust modules and themes, which can be easily integrated into websites to offer powerful features such as multimedia, calendars, rating systems, and other social media tools.
Drupal is also an application framework that can be used to build other aps. Drupal requires no programming skills yet the HTML code produced is accessible, cross browser compatible, and search engine friendly. Drupal is used for every type of site from personal blogs to highly trafficked enterprise level sites. 2% of all websites worldwide are built in Drupal including whitehouse.gov and many other high profile, highly visited sites.
What is Drupal Used for?
Drupal is a great choice for building all manner of websites from simple 1 page personal websites to enterprise level applications. It is particularly well suited to e-Learning systems, Community/social networking sites, and news publishing, where its powerful authoring and publishing features allow administrators to create, revise, and deploy content in a rapid and organized manner. User management, site reporting and statistics, ad management, community management, and other administrative functions utilize an intuitive and robust back-end user interface.
What is New in Drupal 8.1.8?
This is a patch release of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites. To update Drupal 8, follow the instructions. This release only contains bug fixes, along with documentation and testing improvements.
The following issues may affect people running Drupal 8.1.6 on specific hosting environments:
- It is especially important when updating to this release to follow the instructions when updating core, specifically removing the /core and /vendor directories before replacing files, so that removed files are properly removed. Failure to do so may result in fatal errors after the upgrade.
- There is not yet per-commit testing for MySQL 5.7.9 or MariaDB 10.1.8 (both released October 2015), but there are no known issues with them. We intend to add per-commit testing on one of these databases in the future.
- Particular Apache configurations may have issues with serving public file assets. Issue: #2619250: Disabling -MultiViews in .htaccess can cause 500 errors
Search the issue queue for all known issues.
Changes since 8.1.7:
- #2758067 by jhedstrom, Eric_A, xjm, dawehner, pfrenssen: BrowserTestBase::drupalCreateUser() should use UserCreationTrait::createUser()
- #2759879 by klausi, claudiu.cristea, dawehner, xjm, Lendude, jibran: Additional assertions for WebAssert and AssertLegacyTrait, part 2
- #2724363 by martin107, markdorison: The word “abstract” is confusing in documentation for Views handlers that are not abstract
- #2765957 by chanchal2002, Manjit.Singh, brahmjeet789, kostyashupenko, AaronChristian: Core installation page content overflows its background (CSS bug)
- Revert “Issue #2755991 by klausi: Convert web tests to browser tests for telephone module”
- #2776055 by claudiu.cristea: Entity form/view route errors when a non-entity parameter comes first
- #2765385 by Wim Leers: Three minor bugs in BigPipe test coverage
- #2776369 by xjm: Remove docs references to entity_get_bundles()
- #1863898 by jibran, lokapujya, jeqq, pcambra, dawehner, damiankloip, alexpott, tim.plunkett, criscom, jhedstrom, catch: Add test coverage for Views revision link handlers
- #2750167 by dawehner, alexpott, willwh: Config translation synchronization fails
- Revert “Issue #2737805 by klausi, larowlan: Convert web tests to browser tests for forum module”
- #2738667 by andrewmacpherson, Wim Leers, mgifford: Show/hide group names button in CKEditor toolbar config UI is not keyboard operable
- #2671870 by droplet, darketaine, Sumit kumar: Drupal dialogs overflow in small resolutions when vertical toolbar is open
- #88183 by Wim Leers, ahoeben, brianV, alexpott, kylebrowning, marvil07, chx, twistor, dawehner: Relative URLs in feeds should be converted to absolute ones
- #2752325 by Wim Leers, marthinal, dawehner, ericpugh: Automatically provide HEAD support when a REST resource supports GET
- #2506805 by jibran, tstoeckler, chx: Non-revisionable base fields with multiple columns break revisionable entity types
- #2712935 by Wim Leers, Fabianx, catch, alexpott: Messages are not rendered last, meaning those messages set within placeholders only appear on the next request
- #2697993 by aerozeppelin, Novitsh, makbul_khan8: system_block_ip_action() adding empty IP record in blocked_ips table
- #2694555 by amateescu, vasi, dawehner, heddn, therealssj: Node revisions don’t display translated
- #2474273 by mesch: Update Documentation for \Drupal\Core\Field\FieldStorageDefinitionInterface::getSchema()
- #2771331 by johan.gant: drupal/core-uuid composer.json not tested by \Drupal\Tests\ComposerIntegrationTest::testComposerJson()
- #2772979 by hchonov: Enforcing a cloned entity translation to be new propagates to the original entity
- #2730497 by dawehner: REST Views override existing REST routes
- #2760883 by fgm: API docs reference ModuleHandler::install() instead of ModuleInstaller
- #2362435 by hampercm, markdorison, Alienpruts, lokapujya, Wim Leers, deepakaryan1988, amateescu, martin107, alvar0hurtad0, sdelbosc, tadityar, nlisgo, timmillwood, Palashvijay4O, googletorp, kerby70, adamzimmermann, tstoeckler, dawehner, tkoleary, Crell, legolasbo: When viewing a revision, the Quick Edit, Edit, and Delete contextual link operations are available, but should not be
- #2759247 by Wim Leers: Request attribute removed from DynamicPageCacheSubscriber, but comment was not updated
- #2749955 by alexpott, claudiu.cristea: Random fails in UpdatePathTestBase tests
- Revert “Issue #2771733 by joelpittet: Remove _no_big_pipe: TRUE @todo”
- #2611044 by felribeiro, theMusician, Nikhilesh Gupta, cilefen: SystemInfoController::status – wrong documentation (follow-up to fix whitespace)
- #2611044 by felribeiro, theMusician, Nikhilesh Gupta, cilefen: SystemInfoController::status – wrong documentation
- #2607548 by krknth, Erno: Missing title_prefix, title_suffix, attributes available variables for aggregator twig files
- #2669326 by danielbeeke, Xano, yongt9412, swentel, jmuzz, Sutharsan: FileWidget inside subform can’t find its values
- #2771733 by joelpittet: Remove _no_big_pipe: TRUE @todo
- #2223073 by stefan.r, superspring, daffie, Dave Reid, Jalandhar: Calling DatabaseSchema::getPrefixInfo() on a non-default connection returns the wrong database – write tests
- #2704743 by yongt9412, amateescu, Berdir: Remove special case on EntityFormatter for new entities
- #1145076 by daffie, David_Rothstein, johnnydarkko, cbergmann, drewish, rpayanm, somersoft, jhedstrom: UNION queries don’t support ORDER BY clauses
- #2754783 by danmuzyka, jhedstrom, alexpott: hook_entity_display_build_alter() only affects final entity in $build_list array
- #2678662 by Wim Leers, mondrake, Fabianx, alexpott: Ensure BigPipe does not break when HTML document contains CDATA sections or inline scripts matching certain patterns
- #2589805 by quietone, chx, benjy: Add documentation on how to find the menu migrations
- #2727545 by Lendude, Sagar Ramgade, dawehner, yvesmarie, xjm: Missing return value in ViewExecutable execute() methods
- #2752413 by danmuzyka, alexpott, jhedstrom: Custom CSS classes added to status messages print on page as content when using Classy theme or subthemes
- Revert “Issue #2762953 by cilefen, gisle, drumm: Select elements should use strict comparison”
- #2725947 by John Cook, mgifford, naveenvalecha, andrewmacpherson, Wim Leers, cmcnally, stella, stevepurkiss: Add Andrew Macpherson to the MAINTAINERS.txt
- #2466197 by alexpott, heddn, Crell, dawehner, pjcdawkins, catch: Staging directory should not have to be writeable
- #2770339 by claudiu.cristea: LocalReadOnlyStream must declare itself LOCAL
- #2729325 by yanniboi, Berdir, Xano, dawehner, YesCT: EntityViewsData adds entity type to multi-value base tables, conflicts with QueryPluginBase::getEntityTableInfo
- #2675470 by Jo Fitzgerald, hussainweb: D7 field instance settings for any fields not on nodes are not migrating
- #2746033 by amateescu, mohit_aghera, kamalrajsahu21, dawehner, xjm, catch, rfay: NodeController::revisionOverview() does not have a pager, which results in unlimited queries
- #1806606 by daffie, Jorrit: Drupal\Core\Database\Query\Select::range() doesn’t correctly implement SelectInterface
- #2768953 by alexpott, dawehner, cashwilliams, timmillwood: Prevent insecure Guzzle from being installed when using composer to manager your project dependencies
- #2765207 by juampynr, dawehner: Convert \Drupal\system\Tests\System\CronQueueTest to a kerneltest
- #2706187 by Jo Fitzgerald: Custom view modes not migrating from d7 to d8
- #2752119 by jalpesh, mayurjadhav: drupal/core-render is missing from the drupal/core replace section
- Revert “Issue #2223073 by stefan.r, superspring, Dave Reid, Jalandhar: Calling DatabaseSchema::getPrefixInfo() on a non-default connection returns the wrong database – write tests”
- #2223073 by stefan.r, superspring, Dave Reid, Jalandhar: Calling DatabaseSchema::getPrefixInfo() on a non-default connection returns the wrong database – write tests
- #2762953 by cilefen, gisle, drumm: Select elements should use strict comparison
- #2767269 by claudiu.cristea: LocalReadOnlyStream must declare itself not writeable
- #2674090 by Jo Fitzgerald, benjy, generalredneck, Sam152: Unable to migrate D7 link fields
- #2747083 by Eric_A, Mile23, alexpott: drupal/core-dependency-injection wrongly requires symfony/expression-language
- #2763629 by hussainweb: cckPluginManager not explicitly declared in CckMigration
- #2477381 by mondrake: GDToolkit::getSupportedExtensions returns incomplete list
- #2757475 by samuel.mortenson, marcoscano, Wim Leers: CKEditor’s styling forces 16x16px icons, but Drupal’s CKEditor toolbar configuration UI doesn’t match that restriction, causing visual problems
- #2765751 by thpoul, dinarcon: Update CKEditor library to 4.5.10
- #2572533 by mondrake: Add tests for multiple pagers on a given page
- #2720811 by Eric_A: Fix package names of drupal/core-fileCache and drupal/core-phpStorage
- #2760797 by mondrake, twistor: MIME type guessing fails for remote stream wrapper URIs
- #2751363 by jibran: Don’t allow test entities to share base table
- #2749475 by thpoul, Wim Leers, maskedjellybean, Orizontal, bohemier: Duplicate labels for Styles dropdown causes Styles to not render: add validation to prevent this
- #2561049 by phenaproxima, quietone: Add proper unit tests for the Migration process plugin
- #2648996 by tstoeckler, quietone, chx, therealssj, webflo, benjy: Optimize menu link migration
- #2737805 by klausi, larowlan: Convert web tests to browser tests for forum module
- #2723705 by Wim Leers, catch: Reduce the 200ms BigPipe placeholder interval to 50ms and make it overridable
- #2751835 by tstoeckler: Entity::urlRouteParameters() is broken for add-page and add-form link templates
- #2759839 by jalpesh, Eric_A: Rename drupal/core-httpFoundation, add it to drupal/core replace section
- #2759859 by klausi: Implement getDrupalSettings() on BrowserTestBase for checking JS settings
- #2594917 by cilefen, mikeker, rakesh.gectcr, ccmorris, dawehener: Views field rewrite for “Content: Path” incorrectly escapes HTML
- #2755991 by klausi: Convert web tests to browser tests for telephone module
- #2760557 by larowlan, jibran: LinkItem::getUrl ignores the value of options
- #2752533 by mikeker: \Drupal\Component\Utility\Crypt::randomBytesBase64 docblock refers to $byte_count instead of $count
- Back to dev.
- Update version constant.
- #2751923 by mohit_aghera, lhuria94, Jeff Burnz, joelpittet: Incorrect documentation, param and code example for hook_element_info_alter() in theme.inc
- #2311219 by Mile23, a_thakur, vadim.hirbu, undertext, xjm, cilefen, damiankloip, daffie: Remove references to function user_format_name() from documentation
- #2767503 by klausi: MigrateAggregatorStubTest typo in test namespace
- #1738622 by Mile23, Cottser, jhodgdon: Documentation cleanup for UUID API
- #2763539 by felribeiro: Bug in doxygen for adding headers to a response via render #attached
- Revert “Issue #2560795 by mikeryan, phenaproxima, penyaskito, willwh, benjy: Source plugins have a hidden dependency on migrate_drupal”
- #2225775 by vasi, quietone, phenaproxima, chx, penyaskito, mikeryan, esclapes, vprocessor, steinmb, Gábor Hojtsy, Marc Angles, bwinett: Migrate Drupal 6 core node translation to Drupal 8
- #2560795 by mikeryan, phenaproxima, penyaskito, willwh, benjy: Source plugins have a hidden dependency on migrate_drupal
- #2752591 by quietone, mallezie, dawehner, mikeryan: Add substr process plugin
- #2434567 by marcoscano, daffie, dawehner: Create PHPUnit tests for Database::convertDbUrlToConnectionInfo() and Database::getConnectionInfoAsUrl()
- #2732111 by damiankloip, Lendude, dawehner: Reset button doesn’t work and never gets removed on AJAX enabled views
- #2705809 by juampynr, dawehner, damiankloip, lahoosascoots: Queue garbage collection is not correctly run on cron
- #2764687 by alexpott: IpAddressBlockingTest is failing on DrupalCI
- #2734091 by Sam152: Remove tests specific waitForAjaxToFinish methods, replace with assertSession()->assertWaitOnAjaxRequest
- #2761451 by Wim Leers: Document bootstrap cache bin’s purpose
- #2595535 by tstoeckler, swentel, vijaycs85, alvar0hurtad0, esolitos: Show helpful message (do not fatal!) when configuration files have different source language codes and cannot be translated
- #2762347: config_test_no_status has wrong edit route
Drupal 8 Features
Native Support for Integrations
Build interactions using 4 web services modules in core: RESTful web services, Serialization, Hypertext Application Language (HAL), and HTTP Basic Authentication. Make Drupal the backbone for the unique series of external applications your project needs. Patch records in a CRM or marketing automation tool. Post to social platforms and send email campaigns from a Drupal site. Get granular control over which resources are available and how they’re accessed.
Unlock the potential of your structured content. It can now be accessed via APIs. You can output it as JSON or XML almost as easily as HTML, and expose Views lists as services too. Send content wherever you need it to be, and present it with a front-end layer like React or AngularJS. This flexibility means groundbreaking experiences, and new architectural paradigms—like progressive and full decoupling—are real options, right now.
Better Performance and Scalability
With Enhanced Testing
With all this new power comes great testing ability. Perform quicker, focused unit testing right from your IDE, with Drupal’s PHPUnit integration. Try BrowserTestBase—functional browser testing based on PHP standards—as an alternative to Simpletest’s custom code. Plus, Drupal now includes KernelTestBase for quick, API testing of how well various components are integrated.
How to Choose Top and Reliable Drupal 8.1.8 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a top and reliable web host for Drupal 8.1.8? Choosing the top and reliable web host for Drupal 8.1.8 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the Drupal 8.1.8 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this Drupal 8.1.8 review site, which is designed to help you find the reliable Drupal 8.1.8 host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ Drupal 8.1.8 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable Drupal 8.1.8 Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com offer rock solid Drupal 8.1.8 hosting. They can load and stress test your site against anticipated traffic and recommend the best option for you. They can build your Drupal 8.1.8 hosting platform so that it is highly available, fault tolerant and responds optimally to your end users.
ASPHostPortal.com has Drupal 8.1.8 experts on staffs that are available 24/7 to help, a one click install script to make installation a breeze, and they guarantee their service, money back. ASPHostPortal.com use World Class Plesk Control Panel that helps you with single-click Drupal 8.1.8 installation. The minimal specs of their servers includes Intel Xeon Dual Core Processor, RAID-10 protected hard disk space with minimum 8 GB RAM. You don’t need to worry about the speed of your site. For more detail about top and reliable Drupal 8.1.8 hosting offer, please visit their site at http://asphostportal.com/