What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. There’s nothing to install on your computer and you don’t need any special tools. You can update your website from anywhere that you have an Internet connection – even your smartphone.
Best of all, WordPress is free in every sense of the word. It’s both free to use and free to modify. So, if you are the sort of person who likes to tinker with code, you can dig in and make WordPress do just about anything you want it to. Unlike other free website building tools, WordPress is completely portable. That means you can host your website anywhere and move it at any time.
WordPress 6.0.1 Maintenance Release
WordPress periodically releases short-cycle maintenance updates to fix issues discovered in previous versions.
A maintenance update doesn’t add new features. However, they’re essential for maintaining optimal performance.
WordPress 6.0.1 contains 13 bug fixes in Core and 18 bug fixes for the Block Editor.
The bug fixes for WordPress Core include:
- skipOnAutomatedBranches() does not work as expected, take 2
- block-templates theme support not present in /themes REST API endpoint
- About page: Replace video thumbnail image
- Twenty Ten: Unbump version number due to lack of functional changes.
- WP_Term_Query cache problem
- Option ‘user_count’ not initalized or updated on single sites
- Remove meetup from oembed allow list
- Backport bug fixes from Gutenberg into Core for WP 6.0.1
- Register Comments Query Loop from metadata to enable title and description translation.
- Theme preview is bugged for all themes in the directory
- Pattern keywords are not passed through from pattern directory
- Default template for new posts should be “Single,” not “404”
- Continued post lock data inconsistencies
The bug fixes for the WordPress Block Editor include:
- Media & Text: Remove font size declaration from template
- Refactor: Reuse code of the editor placeholder across Post Comments and Post Comments Form
- Improve the logic for warnings for Post Comments Form placeholder
- [Block Library – Latest Posts]: Prevent opening the links in editor
- Navigation block “Open on click”: Inherit font style and font weight
- Fix/block meta icon prop errors
- Ensure only the main query is modified when resolving template for new posts
- Strip whitespaces in render_block_core_cover
- Handle no variation case in the block transform menu
- Block Library: Fix JS Error in Avatar Block
- Lower the priority of the gallery gap css so it loads after the block layout css
- Add utility classnames back to blocks that have layout attributes specified
- Post Comments Form: Add button that enables commenting to warning
- Comments Block: fixed issue with custom font sizes and links color
- Comment Author and Date blocks: aligned editor markup with the frontend
- Post Template: Ensure layout classnames are not attached to inner li elements
- Webfonts API: Document fontFace and it’s values in theme.json schema
- Pasting: Fix performance regression due to removeWindowsFragments
- Post Comments Form: Fix warning i18n
Over 50 individuals from the WordPress developer community contributed to this update.
You can update to the latest version of WordPress from the dashboard by clicking “Updates,” and then “Update Now.”
Top and Reliable WordPress 6.0.1 Hosting With 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
The ASPHostPortal.com’s ASP.NET hosting platform on Windows 2012 and Windows 2008 is compatible with WordPress 6.0.1 hosting. Of course, you can feel very comfortable with their hosting service. Their best and cheap WordPress 6.0.1 hosting plan is starting from $5.00/mo only. And with their promo code, you can get free domain too. Not only that, they also offer 30 days money back guarantee. Their servers are 99.99% uptime, it is important think that you need for your WordPress 6.0.1 site, so your site is never down.
ASPHostPortal.com provides WordPress-optimized managed hosting solutions for online merchants of all sizes. Since 2008, they’ve been committed to delivering superior performance, reliability, security, and support to their clients. Every WordPress hosting deployment is engineered from the ground up to be responsive, scalable, and cost-effective.
Their cloud and dedicated web hosting packages offer flexible, fast and secure support for your WordPress site hosted in their state of the art Australia data centers. With reliable handling for any volume of traffic their WordPress web hosting is fast, dependable and secure.
WindowsASPNETHosting.IN is an advanced web hosting company specializing in WordPress hosting solutions. WindowsASPNETHosting.IN combines the fastest, most reliable hardware in the industry with the highest performing infrastructure, to create an optimal environment for hosting WordPress sites. Backed by a superior 24/7 customer support team, the WindowsASPNETHosting.IN platform maintains an unsurpassed level of quality, innovation and performance in order to provide customers reassurance that his/her site will be supported by the hardware and resources needed to maximize revenue.
Why You Should Use WordPress?
WordPress is Free as in Freedom
WordPress is a free software, this means you are free to download, install, use and modify it. You can use it to create any kind of website. It is also open source which means the source code of the software is available for any one to study, modify and play with.
WordPress is Easy to Use and Learn
WordPress is used by millions of people and almost every day new people are joining the WordPress community by creating their first WordPress powered websites. The reason why people quickly adapt to WordPress is because it is fairly easy to use.
WordPress is Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins
Most people using WordPress are neither web designers nor programmers. As a matter of fact most folks start using WordPress without any prior knowledge of designing websites.
The reason why WordPress is such an ideal candidate is because there are thousands of free templates (themes) to choose from, so you can give your website any look you want.
WordPress is Search Engine Friendly
WordPress is written using standard compliance high quality code and produces semantic mark up which makes your site very attractive to search engines.
WordPress is Easy To Manage
WordPress comes with built-in updater that allows you to update your plugins and themes from within your WordPress admin dashboard. It also notifies you when there is a new version of WordPress is available, so you can update it by just clicking a button. You can keep all your WordPress content safe by setting up automated regular WordPress Backups.
WordPress is Safe and Secure
WordPress is developed with security in mind, so it is considered quite safe and secure to run any website. However, just like the real world, the internet can be an uncertain place.
WordPress Can Handle Different Media Types
Using WordPress you are not just limited to writing text. It comes with built-in support to handle images, audio, and video content. You can also use for document or file management.