Top and Reliable MediaWiki 1.34 Hosting
What is MediaWiki?
MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. It is now also used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki.
MediaWiki is developed by a team of volunteers (as well as a core group of developers funded by the Wikimedia Foundation), who work to improve how MediaWiki works, and fix any issues that occur. Further contributors help to write documentation to help people using MediaWiki, and also create extensions to MediaWiki to achieve desirable features not included by default.
What is New in MediaWiki 1.34?
Changes since MediaWiki 1.34.0-rc.1
- $wgDiffEngine (T237049) – This configuration can be used to specify which difference engine to use. MediaWiki continues to default to automatically choosing the first of $wgExternalDiffEngine, wikidiff2, or php that is usable.
- (T231866) SqlBlobStore no longer needs Language object.
- (T236735) WikiExporter: Remove unnecessary check for SCHEMA_COMPAT_WRITE_OLD flag.
- (T231673) Set MCR migration stage to SCHEMA_COMPAT_NEW.
- (T229601) Make sure DBLoadBalancerFactory service is not disabled.
- (T232866) Fix support for HTTP/2 in MultiHttpClient.
- (T231866) LocalisationCache: Don’t instantiate ResourceLoader.
- (T227461) Stop calling deprecated Redis delete functions.
- (T239561) Mark options as requiring parameters in addSite.php.
- (T232866) Mimic CURLOPT_POST in GuzzleHttpRequest.
- (T239734) Replace deprecated lSize with lLen in Redis code.
- (T192134) SECURITY: Do not allow user scripts on Special:PasswordReset.
- (T239428) ApiEditPage: Test for bad redirect targets.
- (T233342) rdbms: Log debug message traces as ‘exception.trace’ instead of ‘trace’.
- (T226751) media: Log and fail gracefully on invalid EXIF coordinates.
- (T240924) NewPagesPager: Fix namespace query conditions.
- (T212067) Tests for an old PHP bug in parse_url.
Upgrading notes for 1.34
1.34 has several database changes since 1.33, and will not work without schema updates. Note that due to changes to some very large tables like the revision table, the schema update may take quite long (minutes on a medium sized site, many hours on a large site).
Don’t forget to always back up your database before upgrading!
See the file UPGRADE for more detailed upgrade instructions, including important information when upgrading from versions prior to 1.11.
Some specific notes for MediaWiki 1.34 upgrades are below:
- MediaWiki now requires PHP 7.2.9 or above.
- MediaWiki no longer supports HHVM.
For notes on 1.33.x and older releases, see HISTORY.
How to Choose MediaWiki 1.34 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a best and cheap web host for MediaWiki 1.34? Choosing top and reliable web host for MediaWiki 1.34 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the MediaWiki 1.34 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this MediaWiki review site, which is designed to help you find the top and reliable MediaWiki host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ MediaWiki 1.34 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable MediaWiki 1.34 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal’s MediaWiki 1.34 hosting packages are proving very popular for 2016. ASPHostPortal.com MediaWiki 1.34 optimized hosting infrastructure features independent email, web, database, DNS and control panel servers and lightning fast servers ensuring your site loads super quick! They are 100% fully support on windows platform. Their windows hosting is compatible with the MediaWiki 1.34 hosting management and collaboration application.
DiscountService.biz offers several web hosting packages, from the beginner package – an affordable solution that’s more than enough to get a small business up and running – to the professional package which offers large disk space, band width and websites. There are also specialized business packages that put true business savvy within everyone’s reach.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is proudly to be one of MediaWiki hosting service provider compared from our visitors feedback and rating! UKWindowsHostASP.NET delivers affordable MediaWiki hosting technology for as low as £5.50 per month. Not only do they deliver reliable load-balanced cloud architecture, but they guarantee their performance with a 99.9% uptime promise, and a 30 day money back guarantee. UKWindowsHostASP.NET can help its clients to migrate existing websites to their servers for free, and they provide extensive web tools for their clients, including the top-rated Plesk control panel. And that’s not further not enough though. 24/7 server monitoring!