Top and Reliable MediaWiki 1.33.1 Hosting
What is MediaWiki?
MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. It is now also used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki.
MediaWiki is developed by a team of volunteers (as well as a core group of developers funded by the Wikimedia Foundation), who work to improve how MediaWiki works, and fix any issues that occur. Further contributors help to write documentation to help people using MediaWiki, and also create extensions to MediaWiki to achieve desirable features not included by default.
What is New in MediaWiki 1.33.1?
- task T227147 MediaWiki enforces $wgDBprefix to end with the “_” character if set, causing this error otherwise: InvalidArgumentException: A non-empty prefix must end with “_”.
- task T230317 Upgrading from an old MediaWiki version (prior to 1.15) will cause the upgrade script to fail. You’ll need to manually add the Manual:valid_tag table yourself before running the upgrade script. This has been fixed in MediaWiki 1.33.1.
- task T227662 Upgrading from an old version may give an
Unknown column 'ar_comment_id' in 'where' clauseerror. You may need to apply the patch-comment-table.sql file manually.
- task T232129 The version of ConfirmEdit bundled with 1.33.0 will give OOUI\Exception errors when a link is added to a page. This has been fixed in 1.33.1 or you can download a newer version of that extension separately
- task T232273 Imported revisions of pages may disappear after the update. This can be worked around by running the maintenance script cleanupUsersWithNoId.php followed by migrateActors.php.
Upgrading notes for 1.33
1.33 has several database changes since 1.32, and will not work without schema updates. Note that due to changes to some very large tables like the revision table, the schema update may take quite long (minutes on a medium sized site, many hours on a large site).
Don’t forget to always back up your database before upgrading!
See the file UPGRADE for more detailed upgrade instructions, including important information when upgrading from versions prior to 1.11.
Some specific notes for MediaWiki 1.33 upgrades are below:
- Some external link searches will not work correctly until
refreshExternallinksIndex.php) is run. These include searches for links using IP addresses, internationalized domain names, and possibly mailto links.
- If you ran migrateActors.php using an older version of MediaWiki and want to run your wiki with
SCHEMA_COMPAT_READ_OLD, note that
log_searchrows needed to find revision deletions by target user were incorrectly deleted. See T215464 for details.
- If revision deletions were performed when the wiki was configured with
migrateActors.phphaving been run, the
log_searchtable may contain rows with empty values for “
target_author_actor” which will prevent log searches for revision deletions by target user from finding those log entries. These rows may be corrected by (re-)running
- The Blocks feature is gaining a new feature, “partial blocks”, where IPs and accounts can be restricted from editing particular pages or namespaces. This is currently under development, but can be enabled by setting the
$wgEnablePartialBlocksfeature flag on. In future releases this feature will be available by default.
- (task T96041) Categories can now be hidden from Special:UnusedCategories by adding the new behavioural flag
__EXPECTUNUSEDCATEGORY__on the category’s page.
MediaWiki supports over 350 languages. Many localisations are updated regularly. Below only new and removed languages are listed, as well as changes to languages because of Phabricator reports.
- (task T203908) Added language support for Eastern Pwo (kjp).
- (task T213717) Fixed a translation error on Goan Konkani (Devanagari script) (gom-deva) translations for
- (task T212221) Added $digitTransformTable for Santali (sat).
- (task T216479) Added language support for Saisiyat (xsy).
- (task T219728) Added support for new Japanese era name “Reiwa”.
Upgrading system administrators should read carefully the specific notes on upgrading. Developers should read the full release notes.
- (task T210814) SVGs with multiple language values within them are now by default displayed in the wiki’s language on image pages.
- (task T205040) Multilingual images are now be displayed in the current parse language where available.
- Special:ActiveUsers will no longer filter out users who became inactive since the last time the active users query cache was updated.
- Special:CreateAccount now warns the user if their chosen username has to be normalized.
How to Choose MediaWiki 1.33.1 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a best and cheap web host for MediaWiki 1.33.1? Choosing top and reliable web host for MediaWiki 1.33.1 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the MediaWiki 1.33.1 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this MediaWiki review site, which is designed to help you find the top and reliable MediaWiki host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ MediaWiki 1.33.1 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable MediaWiki 1.33.1 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal’s MediaWiki 1.33.1 hosting packages are proving very popular for 2016. ASPHostPortal.com MediaWiki 1.33.1 optimized hosting infrastructure features independent email, web, database, DNS and control panel servers and lightning fast servers ensuring your site loads super quick! They are 100% fully support on windows platform. Their windows hosting is compatible with the MediaWiki 1.33.1 hosting management and collaboration application.
DiscountService.biz offers several web hosting packages, from the beginner package – an affordable solution that’s more than enough to get a small business up and running – to the professional package which offers large disk space, band width and websites. There are also specialized business packages that put true business savvy within everyone’s reach.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is proudly to be one of MediaWiki hosting service provider compared from our visitors feedback and rating! UKWindowsHostASP.NET delivers affordable MediaWiki hosting technology for as low as £5.50 per month. Not only do they deliver reliable load-balanced cloud architecture, but they guarantee their performance with a 99.9% uptime promise, and a 30 day money back guarantee. UKWindowsHostASP.NET can help its clients to migrate existing websites to their servers for free, and they provide extensive web tools for their clients, including the top-rated Plesk control panel. And that’s not further not enough though. 24/7 server monitoring!