What’s New in Magento 2.4.4?
The new Magento version 2.4.4 brings in up to 250 quality fixes and enhancements. Support for PHP 8.1 and OpenSearch 1.2 is initiated with the latest Magento 2.4.4 release. All the issues encountered with Magento Open Source 2.4.3 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 were resolved in this release.
Magento Open Source 2.4.4 introduces one security fix and platform security improvements.
Additional security enhancements for Magento 2.4.4 include:
- Integration token for API Bearer Token Authentication will not be used any longer.
- Now the session IDs will not be stored in the database.
- Encryption of OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens when stored in the database.
- Upload of non alpha-numeric file extensions has been prohibited with improved validation.
- reCAPTCHA support is now added to coupon codes.
- When Magento Open Source is in production mode, swagger is disabled by default.
- Settings of Use Secure URLs for Storefront and Use Secure URLs for Admin are enabled by default.
- The dependency confusion plugin is necessary for all Magento Open Source installations.
- Now restrict the array size accepted by Magento Open Source.
- Also, limit the size and number of resources that a user is allowed to request through web API.
Magento Open Source 2.4.4 provides support for PHP 8.1. All the libraries and dependencies have been made compatible with PHP 8.1.
Additional platform enhancements for Magento Open Source 2.4.4 include:
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2 is provided with the latest Magento release.
- The new release introduces support for TinyMCE 5.8.1.
- PHPUnit upgraded to version 9.5.x with the latest Magento 2.4.4.
- Laminas dependencies have been upgraded to the latest versions in order to make it compatible with PHP 8.1.
The Magento Open Source 2.4.4 release includes the following GraphQL improvements:
- The collectQuoteTotals() method is called only one-time during GraphQL requests, so it will reduce response time and improve the performance of the cart process.
- Changes have been applied in the way GraphQL request is cached, hence the performance is improved in the store frontend.
- The configuration settings for the Zero Subtotal Checkout and Check/Money Order payment methods are now returned by storeConfig query.
Core GraphQL library updated
- The webnoyx library is now upgraded to version ^14.9.
GraphQL translation issues fixed
- GraphQL resolver now returns translated strings based on store scope for multi-site and multi-language stores.
- With the release of Magento Open Source 2.4.4, all the vendor-bundled extensions have been removed from the codebase.
PayPal Payment Improvements
- Support included for the Venmo payment option.
- Pay Later option added for customers on the basis of their location and not merchants’ location.
- Magento merchants can now test customers’ experience by selecting customer country. This is valid only for sandbox testing mode.
- Accurate messaging on the checkout page when Pay Later is used.
Other fixed issues with Magento Open Source 2.4.4
- Issues resolved for installation, upgrade, and deployment.
- Removed duplicate values insertion into MySQL database table.
- Accessibility errors on the cart and checkout page while navigating have been fixed.
- “Invalid security or form key. Please refresh the page” error has been resolved on the Admin login.
Over to you:
This was all about the latest Magento 2.4.4 release. Considering the enhancements, it will be a great loss for Magento Merchants to avoid upgrading your stores with Magento Open Source 2.4.4 or Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Major bug fixes, strengthen store security, and improve store performance by upgrading to Magento Open Source 2.4.4.
Planning for a professional upgrade of your store? Our Certified Magento Developers can provide bug-free solutions to convert your store to the latest version of Magento 2.4.4.
Share the news with Magento merchants, developers, and users in your contact. Write down in the comments your opinions about the new release.
How to Choose Magento 2.4.4 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a best and cheap web host for Magento 2.4.4? Choosing top and reliable web host for Magento 2.4.4 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the Magento 2.4.4 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this Magento 2.4.4 review site, which is designed to help you find the top and reliable Magento 2.4.4 host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ Magento 2.4.4 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable Magento 2.4.4 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal’s Magento 2.4.4 hosting packages are proving very popular for 2019. ASPHostPortal.com Magento 2.4.4 optimized hosting infrastructure features independent email, web, database, DNS and control panel servers and lightning fast servers ensuring your site loads super quick! They are 100% fully support on windows platform. Their windows hosting is compatible with the Magento 2.4.4 hosting management and collaboration application.
DiscountService.biz offers several web hosting packages, from the beginner package – an affordable solution that’s more than enough to get a small business up and running – to the professional package which offers large disk space, band width and websites. There are also specialized business packages that put true business savvy within everyone’s reach.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is proudly to be one of Magento hosting service provider compared from our visitors feedback and rating! UKWindowsHostASP.NET delivers affordable Magento hosting technology for as low as £5.50 per month. Not only do they deliver reliable load-balanced cloud architecture, but they guarantee their performance with a 99.9% uptime promise, and a 30 day money back guarantee. UKWindowsHostASP.NET can help its clients to migrate existing websites to their servers for free, and they provide extensive web tools for their clients, including the top-rated Plesk control panel. And that’s not further not enough though. 24/7 server monitoring!