Top and Reliable Joomla 3.8.8 Hosting
What’s New in Joomla 3.8.8?
Joomla 3.8.8 is now available. This is a security release which addresses 9 security vulnerabilities, contains over 50 bug fixes, and includes various security related improvements.
What’s in 3.8.8?
Joomla 3.8.8 addresses 9 security vulnerabilities / hardenings and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – ACL violation in access levels (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.8.7)
- Low Priority – Core – Add phar files to the upload blacklist (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.8.7)
- Moderate Priority – Core – Information Disclosure about unpublished tags (affecting Joomla 3.1.0 through 3.8.7)
- Low Priority – Core – Installer leaks plain text password to local user (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.7)
- Moderate Priority – Core – XSS Vulnerabilities & additional hardening (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.7)
- Low Priority – Core – Filter field in com_fields allows remote code execution (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.7)
- Low Priority – Core – Session deletion race condition (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.7)
- Low Priority – Core – Possible XSS attack in the redirect method (affecting Joomla 3.2.1 through 3.8.7)
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in the media manager (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.7)
Please see the documentation wiki for the security recommendations for updated sites.
More details about the session deletion race condition are available on the Developer Network site.
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Miscellaneous accessibility improvements for the Backend
- Updated CodeMirror to 5.37 and various improvements
- Improved handling of numeric user group names
- [com_content] Filter by no author
- Added support for PHP 7.3’s
- Sending passwords by email disabled by default for new installs
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Is your website ready for Joomla! 3.8?
Joomla! 3.8 is a one-click update just like previous 3.x versions. As always, before upgrading it is important to update all of your third party extensions and also to take and test a full backup of your site.
This is also a great time to connect with your hosting company and check your PHP and database versions. We recommend upgrading to PHP 7 or 7.1 as it will bring a considerable speed boost to your site. Further system requirements can be found on the technical requirements page.
Also, if you are using the Hathor backend template you should switch to the Isis template as your administrative template. The Hathor template is being deprecated and may not provide you with the ability to use all the latest features in Joomla! 3.8.
How to Choose Joomla 3.8.8 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a best and cheap web host for Joomla 3.8.8? Choosing top and reliable web host for Joomla 3.8.8 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the Joomla 3.8.8 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this Joomla 3.8.8 review site, which is designed to help you find the top and reliable Joomla 3.8.8 host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ Joomla 3.8.8 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable Joomla 3.8.8 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal’s Joomla 3.8.8 hosting packages are proving very popular for 2017. ASPHostPortal.com Joomla 3.8.8 optimized hosting infrastructure features independent email, web, database, DNS and control panel servers and lightning fast servers ensuring your site loads super quick! They are 100% fully support on windows platform. Their windows hosting is compatible with the Joomla 3.8.8 hosting management and collaboration application.
DiscountService.biz offers several web hosting packages, from the beginner package – an affordable solution that’s more than enough to get a small business up and running – to the professional package which offers large disk space, band width and websites. There are also specialized business packages that put true business savvy within everyone’s reach.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is proudly to be one of Joomla hosting service provider compared from our visitors feedback and rating! UKWindowsHostASP.NET delivers affordable Joomla hosting technology. Not only do they deliver reliable load-balanced cloud architecture, but they guarantee their performance with a 99.9% uptime promise, and a 30 day money back guarantee. UKWindowsHostASP.NET can help its clients to migrate existing websites to their servers for free, and they provide extensive web tools for their clients, including the top-rated Plesk control panel. And that’s not further not enough though. 24/7 server monitoring!