Top and Reliable Joomla 3.8.4 Hosting
What’s New in Joomla 3.8.4?
The Joomla! Project is proud to announce the release of Joomla! 3.7, the latest in the ‘Joomla! 3’ series. This new release features over 700 improvements to the popular CMS, including many features which make administration of Joomla! Web sites easier and more feature-rich, as well as several security updates.
One of the biggest new features of this release is the ability for administrators to add Custom Fields to your articles, users, and contacts, and the ability of extension developers to use this feature within their own custom Joomla! Extensions. With 15 different field types you can now easily structure more complex content entry systems to allow your content authors to easily enter their data in a standard manner and display it consistently to your site visitors.
For those who need to create multilingual sites, the process to translate your content just got significantly easier. The Multilingual Associations Component allows you to easily translate your content from one single, unified interface.
Anyone creating new content articles that require a new menu item can now save time with the new Improved Workflow features. You can now create a category, article, and menu item all in one step from within the menu manager.
One other added menu-related benefit, for those sites where multiple people are accessing the Backend/Admin-side of the site is the ability to easily manage the admin menu with the new Backend Menu Manager. Now you can create custom menus for the Backend just like you can for the Frontend – allowing you to control what users can see which admin menu options.
This release also brings a number of new and enhanced features specifically for developers. Joomla! 3.7 brings improvements within the update system, cache systems and package/extension management, as well as a host of other under the hood advances.
Joomla! 3.7 is the eighth and latest release in the 3.x series. Please note that going from 3.6.x to 3.7 is a one-click update and is not a migration. The same is true for any subsequent versions in the 3 series of the CMS.
In addition to the features mentioned above, other significant highlights of the 3.7 release include:
- Do more with TinyMCE – Including new buttons to easily add menu links and contacts and many other improvements
- Easier Extension Maintenance – Prevent administrators from accidentally uninstalling needed extension package elements
- User Experience – Your User Experience is improved thanks to the display of your global settings, a flatter backend template, the possibility to share your session between frontend and backend and a number of other minor UX improvements.
Joomla! 3.8.4 is now available. This is a bug fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla! which addresses a single bug that prevents new installations of Joomla! 3.7.4 with remote databases.
What’s in 3.8.4?
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in module chromes (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.3)
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in com_fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3)
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in Uri class (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.3)
- Low Priority – Core – SQLi vulnerability in Hathor postinstall message (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3)
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Contact form loses data after submission with error #17743
- Smart Search performance improvement for common words #12450
- Performance improvement in Smart Search indexing process #17390
- Update jQuery Autocomplete to 1.4.7 #18113
- Update CodeMirror to 5.33.0 #18880
- Update srcset url conversion to handle commas and spaces #18327
- Custom Fields: Handle tag items properly #19006
- Fix filepath to PHPMailer language file #19072
- Display category title as page heading and page title when no menu item for com_content category #19195
- Respect access level in com_content #18417
- Miscellaneous PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Is your website ready for Joomla! 3.8?
Joomla! 3.8 is a one-click update just like previous 3.x versions. As always, before upgrading it is important to update all of your third party extensions and also to take and test a full backup of your site.
This is also a great time to connect with your hosting company and check your PHP and database versions. We recommend upgrading to PHP 7 or 7.1 as it will bring a considerable speed boost to your site. Further system requirements can be found on the technical requirements page.
Also, if you are using the Hathor backend template you should switch to the Isis template as your administrative template. The Hathor template is being deprecated and may not provide you with the ability to use all the latest features in Joomla! 3.8.
How to Choose Joomla 3.8.4 Hosting Provider?
How to choose a best and cheap web host for Joomla 3.8.4? Choosing top and reliable web host for Joomla 3.8.4 is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the Joomla 3.8.4 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this Joomla 3.8.4 review site, which is designed to help you find the top and reliable Joomla 3.8.4 host within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ Joomla 3.8.4 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Top and Reliable Joomla 3.8.4 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal’s Joomla 3.8.4 hosting packages are proving very popular for 2017. ASPHostPortal.com Joomla 3.8.4 optimized hosting infrastructure features independent email, web, database, DNS and control panel servers and lightning fast servers ensuring your site loads super quick! They are 100% fully support on windows platform. Their windows hosting is compatible with the Joomla 3.8.4 hosting management and collaboration application.
DiscountService.biz offers several web hosting packages, from the beginner package – an affordable solution that’s more than enough to get a small business up and running – to the professional package which offers large disk space, band width and websites. There are also specialized business packages that put true business savvy within everyone’s reach.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is proudly to be one of Joomla hosting service provider compared from our visitors feedback and rating! UKWindowsHostASP.NET delivers affordable Joomla hosting technology. Not only do they deliver reliable load-balanced cloud architecture, but they guarantee their performance with a 99.9% uptime promise, and a 30 day money back guarantee. UKWindowsHostASP.NET can help its clients to migrate existing websites to their servers for free, and they provide extensive web tools for their clients, including the top-rated Plesk control panel. And that’s not further not enough though. 24/7 server monitoring!